[Biopython-dev] SVN migration and Launchpad mirroring

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:11:15 EST 2009

Hello all,

Scanning the biopython-dev mailing list archives, it appears that either the
CVS-to-SVN migration either stalled out during the past year, or the
discussion about this migration went someplace other than the mailing list
and wiki. I did, however, find another page for the project on Launchpad (
https://launchpad.net/biopython), apparently started a few years ago by
Jonathan Taylor and abandoned. I didn't see any discussion of it on
biopython-dev around that time.

I'm pretty fond of of bzr, branching, and Launchpad's PPA feature (
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA) in particular, so I'd like to see
if it's possible to start mirroring the CVS repository on Launchpad to see
how it goes. I'm happy to take care of whatever setup and maintenance is
needed. Comments? Is Jonathan Taylor still around and interested in
resurrecting the Launchpad page?

Best regards,
Eric