[Biopython-dev] Deprecating Bio.AlignAce and Bio.MEME?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 12:24:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Bartek Wilczynski<barwil at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Peter<biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> The start of the module docstring should be a one line description of
>> the module - just include "(DEPRECATED)" at the end. Then it will
>> show up nicely in the API docs: http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/
>
> Done. Should be in CVS now.

Sorry I was unclear - I was only talking about the docstrings. In
addition we need to actually issue a deprecation warning (via the
warnings module), and update the DEPRECATED file in the root
folder. I've done this in CVS - sorry for any confusion.

I've also tried to clarify the procedure on the wiki,
http://biopython.org/wiki/Deprecation_policy

If you can add a couple of examples to the AlignAce and MEME module
docstrings showing a short example using the deprecated module, and
the equivalent using Bio.Motif, that would be great.

Thanks,