[Biopython-dev] Moving from CVS to git

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Tue Aug 18 16:09:15 UTC 2009

On Aug 17, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Peter wrote:

> My impression from talking to OBF guys is if we really want to we
> can do this, but it require us (Biopython) to take care of installing
> and running git on an OBF machine.

That's how I would put it too. Moreover, if you as people who want
this and know more about it already than anyone else among root-l
can't be bothered to take the initiative to spearhead this on OBF
servers, the argument that OBF "sysadmins" (which in essence is all of
us who know how to do this) should do the work is a lot less strong
than it might have to be. I.e., if you don't feel this would be time
well invested for you, it is probably even less well invested for
other OBFers.

	-hilmar