[Biopython-dev] biopython-1.51 test log, sage inclusion

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 21:57:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Marshall Hampton<mhampton at d.umn.edu> wrote:

> Yep, I tried again and the test_SeqIO_online was ok, so I guess it was a
> transient failure.

Good :)

> I agree that copying my Tests folder isn't a great solution.  I will try to
> increase my understanding of the biopython test framework - I am
> used to the Sage method of mainly using docstring tests.

If it helps, there is a whole chapter in our tutorial, but most
of this is aimed at people wanting to write unit tests for us.
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf

Please point out any typos or things that can be clarified.

Thanks,