[Biopython-dev] Drafting announcement for Biopython 1.51?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 10:00:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:37 AM, David
Winter<winda002 at student.otago.ac.nz> wrote:

> OK, I had only looked at the doc strings (my editor chokes on long
> text files and I don't have anything to set Tex docs with) so didn't
> know that existed.

TeX or LaTeX files are just plain text with some magic markup
e.g. \emph{text to emphasise}. Any decent text editor should
be able to load them, and some will even colour code things.
Even if you don't understand the markup, most of the time you
can actually read the raw files directly and understand them.

But yeah, the PDF or HTML output is what most people will
want to look at ;)

> That looks really good (and the feeding output into handles
> bit is pretty wizardly!)

Yeah - it is pretty cool. Sadly not all command line tools will
accept input via stdin, so this kind of thing isn't always
possible.