[Biopython-dev] main page on wiki

David Winter winda002 at student.otago.ac.nz
Thu Apr 23 02:14:31 UTC 2009

Hi all,

As you probably know the main page of the wiki
(http://biopython.org/wiki/Main_Page) is the first place someone washes
up when they google 'biopython'. As part of this "news coordinator" idea
I have made an alternative version of the main page
(http://biopython.org/wiki/User:Davidw/homepage) which acts a bit more
as a "portal" for the wiki/project. This is born from my own experience
with the wiki as a newcomer; it took me a long time to cotton on to the
fact there was a navigation box on each page so I didn't realise what
the website had to offer (this may say more about me than the design of
the front page).

Which version would you like to see as the main page? Obviously this
isn't an either-or thing, my 'mock-up' version can be edited by anyone
with an account on the wiki (the main page is protected for obvious
reasons) so any ideas that you have can be incorporated to that one
(older versions of the page are all saved so you can edit as bravely as
you like).

Thanks,
David