[Biopython-dev] Numpy conversion

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 14:13:50 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I am now looking at the pure-python modules that make use of Numerical Python / NumPy. Bio.kNN is one of them; this also happens to be the only module that imports Bio.distance, which also depends on NumPy.

What I am not sure about is the usage of Bio.kNN. A quick google search didn't reveal much, suggesting that it is not widely used. Bio.kNN currently is not documented in the tutorial, but the code itself is reasonably well documented.

How do you guys feel about this module? Should we keep it?

--Michiel.