[Biopython-dev] Deprecating Bio.mathfns, Bio.stringfns and their C code?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 21:25:47 UTC 2008

Bruce wrote:
> Personally I would be inclined
> to incorporate Bio.listfns into each of these and depreciate Bio.listfns. I
> know this is duplication but hopefully this would be addressed if someone
> updates the code.

If it were only pure python, I might agree with you.  But given there
is C code which might well be worthwhile for speed, I'm not in any
hurry to remove Bio.listfns until Bio.MaxEntropy.py, Bio.NaiveBayes
and Bio.MarkovModel don't need it.  Labelling Bio.listfns as likely to
be deprecated and removed in the future should suffice for the time
being.