[Biopython-dev] Use of depreciated string functions

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 18:42:08 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Once I've dealt with Biopython 1.49, I'd be happy to look at a patch
>> to remove more "import string" usage from non-obsolete, non-deprecated
>> code.  It would be a little risky doing this to modules without unit
>> tests, but that's another area you've shown some interest in anyway...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Peter
>
> Hi,
> I was planning to get started on with these depending on what time I have
> available. So just a quick question:
> Do you want one bug report per patch per file?
> Or just let me know if there is another way.

I'd suggest one general bug, and uploading one patch per module - that
way the can be evaluated on a case by case basis (a single huge
multi-file patch would be more difficult, and could become out of
date).

Personally however, I would prioritise more unit test coverage over
this, but on the other hand its the kind of short task you can handle
when you have the odd spare 10 minutes.  Up to you.