[Biopython-dev] CVS freeze for Biopython 1.49 (beta)

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 16:53:58 UTC 2008

> Once the beta is out (hopefully later today), we can start using CVS
> for documentation updates or fixing any bugs reported in the beta.
> Then in about a week's time I hope to do the  Biopython 1.49 "final"
> release.

OK - Biopython 1.49 beta is done, available on the website now :)

Please don't do any new code checkins for the next week.  Additional
documentation and unit tests should be fine - and any bug fixes after
discussion.

I've done a news post, which I can edit if anyone spots anything wrong
or has suggestion for improvement, but it will be a good basis for the
announcement email:

http://news.open-bio.org/news/2008/11/biopython-149-beta-released/