[Biopython-dev] Biopython to begin transition to Subversion

Chris Lasher chris.lasher at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:11:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
>  I haven't heard anything about the CVS to SVN move recently.  Did
>  anyone resolve the multiple password prompt niggle?

That's still unresolved. The workaround is to place an SSH key on
dev.open-bio.org. If you do, you'll notice even then it still makes
two attempts to log in. /shrugs

>  On another point, is the test SVN repository intended to be writable
>  (for those of us with developer access)?  I really should try running
>  some things like "svn diff" and committing sample changes to get a
>  feel for how it compares to CVN.

I have tried committing to it and gotten a "Permission denied" error.
It must only be set as read-only for group permissions.

Really sorry for my delay on getting to this email. Now that Biopython
has had another release, should we really push hard to switch to SVN?

Chris