[Biopython-dev] Dump file in Bio/Saf/__init__.py

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 10:49:19 UTC 2008

Michiel,

I just noticed your CVS revision to Bio/Saf/__init__.py removing this
snippet of code:

                 dumpfile = open( 'dump', 'w' )
                 dumpfile.write( data )
                 dumpfile.close()

I recall seeing (and removing) a similar lump of diagnostics/debugging
code from another of Katharine Lindner's parsers.

There is still a similar bit of code in
Bio/IntelliGenetics/__init__.py which we could remove, but as the
whole module is now deprecated we could just wait for a few releases
and then remove it entirely.