[Biopython-dev] Biopython to begin transition to Subversion

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 09:19:27 UTC 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 12:58 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>  svn co svn+ssh://username@dev.open-bio.org/home/hartzell/biopython-prototype/biopython/trunk
>
> This command worked for me, though for some reason my password
> is always refused the first time but accepted the second time.

How strange - for me it asked for my password three times (this was
the issue I had emailed Chris about directly; also establishing that
yes, the same accounts and passwords were being used as in CVS).  I
hope they can sort this out...

>Do we have a wiki page about CVS to SVN transition?

Not yet - but there is some useful information on
http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/SourceCode which we might base this on.

> We should add this command (and other useful commands) to that page.

Note that the SVN command above is just for the prototype repository,
for the real thing the URL will be a little different.