[Biopython-dev] [BioPython] Biopython to begin transition to Subversion

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 16:27:49 UTC 2008

> In the next upcoming weeks, Biopython will begin and complete its
> transition from CVS to Subversion (SVN) as its revision control
> system.

I gather that BioPerl and BioJava and BioSQL have all transitioned
fine, so its our turn now.

Michiel - do you think we should try and do another release before the
CVS freeze and migration?  We've had a lots little changes, plus
Tiago's PopGen work and my own efforts with BioSQL.  There are still a
few open issues, but I think a release soon would be reasonable
(depending on your time commitments of course).

> If you have any questions, I'll be checking posts to the list, or you
> may feel free contact me directly.

Will the existing developer accounts simply work on the new SVN repository?

Is there any issue with Unix/Windows newlines under SVN?  I recall
reading somewhere that like CVS, SVN can be setup to handle this
transparently for text files.  I may be worrying over nothing, but
given that we have developers using both Linux, Windows and MacOS this
seems worth checking.