[Biopython-dev] Bio.MetaTool

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 11:10:19 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

Bio.MetaTool is currently the only Biopython module that is not deprecated and still uses Martel. The Bio.MetaTool tests suggest that this module was written for MetaTool version 3.5 (28.03.2001), while the most current MetaTool version is at 5.0. It looks like the MetaTool output has changed between 3.5 and 5.0. Is anybody interested in this module? If not, I'll ask on the user list if anybody is actually using this module. MetaTool is written for Matlab/Octave, so I'd expect that few people are using it with Python.

--Michiel.