[Biopython-dev] Bio.PopGen and CVS/SVN

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 12:13:22 UTC 2008

What is the advantage of branching?
AFAIK, the code in Bio.PopGen does not affect the rest of Biopython anyway.
All things equal, I'd prefer not to branch to keep things simple for users, not to mention myself.

--Michiel.

Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com> wrote: On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Peter  wrote:
>  There is a lot to be said for having a single stable trunk - it
>  certainly makes things simpler for any new developers to get to grips
>  with things.

It is one of those issues where there is no clear answer. Maybe a case
by case analysis? I think having 5 gazillion branches would not be a
good idea ever, but in the Biopython case many modules are somewhat
self contained, making merging an easier exercise.

Tiago