[Biopython-dev] [BioPython] Bio.MultiProc

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:00:41 UTC 2007

Would it be possible to include the module, comment out the unworkable
source code and print a deprecation warning when it is imported? That was
we:

1) Don't have a clunky module BUT
2) we warn anyone who uses it (but didn't happen to read your post) that it
is deprecated when they install a new biopython version AND
3) Leave an option of fixing and commenting the code back in (i.e. it is not
lost forever).

Also, is it possible to track down the original author?

./I