[Biopython-dev] Tutorial documentation for Bio.SeqIO

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Sun Mar 11 23:53:07 UTC 2007

I looked at the tutorial documentation for the new Bio.SeqIO. Generally
it looks good to me, so I just have a few small issues:

Section 2.4 is titled "Parsing biological file formats". This used to be
appropriate, as the original version of this section described
Biopython's parsers in more general terms. Since now it's about
Bio.SeqIO, it may be better to rename it to make explicit that it is
about parsing sequence files.

Last sentence of section 2.4.2: "record.id" should be "seq_record.id".

In section 2.4.4: "built python function list" should be "built-in
python function list"

Last sentence of section 2.4.5: "Not to complicated" should be "Not too
complicated".

And finally, "lets" in various places should be "let's".

That's all, it looks very fine otherwise. Thanks!

--Michiel.