[Biopython-dev] I'd like to help out

Jacob Porter jacobporter2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 20:25:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am an undergraduate at UC Berkeley in Applied
Mathematics with computational biology going to
graduate school at UC Davis in Applied Mathematics,
and I would like to help out with the Biopython
project.

I've taken a compiler class with Python, and I'm
pretty familiar with the core of Python.  I work
creating scripts in Python.  I've done a little bit of
work in phylogenomics, and that information can be
found at this website:
http://www.math.tamu.edu/~lgp/small-trees/ .
I wrote Maple code to perform many of the computations
on that website.

I need to keep track of the number of hours that I
work, and I want a signed document stating how many
hours that I work after I am done.

Perhaps I can start out by creating RPMs for Suse
Linux.  Other than that, I would like to work on
projects for phylogenomics.  I can also do other
related things.

If anyone has projects, please let me know.  If anyone
has information about RPMs and BioPython, or if you
are responsible for that, please let me know.