[Biopython-dev] FDist: more Population Genetics code

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 13:16:30 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have submitted another enhancement bug, with support for FDist. It
allows to generate and parse Fdist files and to control fdist
applications. There are also a couple of utility functions. FDist is a
niche application (mainly used to detect selection in animal
genetics). Not the most fundamental one to support, but it is
currently one that I am working on, thus, the code.

Regarding my summited code for GenePop, I have summited a different
version on bugzilla.  The main difference, is that I moved everything
from Bio to Bio.PopGen.

Before I continue putting code on bugzilla I would like to know if it
is worthwhile doing it... Any opinions on the code submitted or if any
changes are required? I would really like to continue converting my
code to BioPython, but only if it has any possibility of ending up
being useful/included in distribution somewhere in the future... ;)

I am currently working on code related to SimCoal2, Arlequin and
general statistics (Fst, heterozygosity, ...). Which will probably be
ready quite soon (ie, next two weeks). This is more mainstream than
FDist

I have some other code lying around mainly related to HapMap, but I
will only submit it after reviewing and reusing it again. This is more
distant future ... like a couple of months.

Tiago