[Biopython-dev] Jython and sqlite

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:25:53 UTC 2007

On 8/30/07, Tiago Antão <tiagoantao at gmail.com> wrote:
> sqllite: On code that I intend to submit in the near future (HapMap
> related), I currently use the sqlite module. The major problem is,
> that module is Python 2.5 only. Therefore it requires a new version of

There is also a sqlite module for previous version of Python. So I
guess you could check python version at the beginning of your code and
then set the import properly. The code will just run with python
>=2.5. For older version, it will require the standalone sqlite
executable and pysqlite2 (available from http://pysqlite.org/).
This is what is happening now with reportlab and other external
programs that are needed for some biopython modules. This will ad
optional software requirement to Biopython, only when running with
Python<=2.5 and when the user want to run your module.

--
Bioinformatics news: http://www.bioinformatica.info
Lriser: http://www.linspire.com/lraiser_success.php?serial=318