[Biopython-dev] ranlib.c missing in Bio/Cluster

Michiel de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 10 04:10:22 UTC 2006

There was some confusion about the license status of ranlib, so I
removed it from Bio.Cluster and replaced it with a new random number
generator written from scratch. Apparently I forgot to update setup.py
in CVS accordingly. I have done that now, so if you get the new setup.py
  from CVS the compilation should work. You could also edit your local
copy of setup.py and remove ranlib.c, linpack.c, and com.c.
Sorry for the confusion.

--Michiel.