[Biopython-dev] DNA Strider like frame translation

Marc Colosimo mcolosimo at mitre.org
Mon May 15 20:14:39 UTC 2006

All,

I just spent some time writing this up and I thought I'll share it
with everyone (and hopefully have it committed). Yes, there is all
ready is something similar under Bio.SeqUtils
(six_frame_translations). However, mine actually looks identical to
DNA Striders for both 3/6-frame single letter translations. It also
has the power to do -1 and 1 frame, or 1 frame, or 1 and 3 frame,
etc... translations. If I get around to it, I might add support for
three letter amino acids.

Marc

p.s. hopefully this gets through.