[Biopython-dev] RE: please help

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Wed Feb 22 11:23:25 EST 2006

The reason that test_Cluster fails is that on 64-bits machines, the size of
an int is not equal to the size of a long. Numerical Python integer arrays
are of type long by default, and casting to int causes the data stored in the
arrays to be misinterpreted at the C-level. The fix is more or less
straightforward; I expect to have this fixed within a few days.

--Michiel.

Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Columbia University
1150 St Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032