[Biopython-dev] Re: Compiling Bio.PDB.mmCIF.MMCIFlex on Windows

Peter biopython-dev at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 15:52:48 EST 2006

>>As lex.yy.c is created by flex, would you agree the problems compiling
>>this file with MSVC are a flex problem?  e.g. the #include <unistd.h>
>
> Uh...no idea. :-)
> I know next to nothing about Windows, but
> I can imagine it should in principle work with cygwin.
> Maybe flex needs to be re-run on windows before compiling?
> Was that tried?

Yes - I tried both the cygwin flex, and a windows port from here:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/flex.htm

While both claimed to be flex version 2.5.4, they produced different
lex.yy.c files, however neither worked for me.  See my earlier email:

http://www.biopython.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2006-February/002280.html

Peter

P.S. I'll be away for the next few days, so I won't be responding till
next week