[Biopython-dev] py2exe module import problems

Jignesh Parikh jig.parikh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 18:46:07 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am using python 2.4, biopython 1.42, and py2exe 0.6.5

When I run python setup py2exe, it cannot find the following modules:

The following modules appear to be missing
['Bio.db', 'TextTools', '_ssl', 'bsddb3', 'dtds.pvsystem',
'mxTextTools.__version__', 'xml.parsers.xmlproc.dtdparser']

In my program I import GenBank in order to get and parse GenBank files by
using:
from Bio import GenBank

My executable will not run and fails trying to import db:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "keywordFilter2.py", line 52, in ?
  File "Bio\GenBank\__init__.pyc", line 47, in ?
ImportError: cannot import name db

I cannot even find the Bio.db module. Can you think of how I can ensure that
these modules get imported? Please help!

Thanks,

Jignesh Parikh
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Boston, MA