[Biopython-dev] Bug 1741

Michiel De Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Tue Oct 18 20:26:00 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

Bug #1741 complains about the fact that fasta consumer example in the
tutorial (and the corresponding example in Doc/examples) no longer works. The
reason behind this is that the Fasta parser switched to Martel in revision
1.9 of Fasta/__init__.py, and therefore we no longer have a _Scanner class in
Fasta/__init__.py, which causes the example in the tutorial to fail. So my
question is, is Section 2.4.2 in the tutorial still relevant? If so, does
anybody understand Fasta well enough to be able to fix it? If not, can we get
rid of it?

--Michiel.

Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Columbia University
1150 St Nicholas Avenue
New York, NY 10032