[Biopython-dev] ENSEMBL 3' UTR

Vineeth S ralph_s_v_a at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 04:27:39 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have looked fro some way to get the co-ordinates for
the UTR regions for ENSEMBL genes quite unsucessfully.
The Genbank dumps from ENSEMBL arent as
straightforward as the NCBI Genbank dumps, and to get
ENSEMBL 3' regions as fasta from the Mart one has to
click through each chromosome.

Is there anyway to get around this ? Or would it be
useful to write a module to do tblastn of the protein
against the corresponding gene and then get the 3' UTR
region from that ?

Vineeth

PS : Someday I wish the twain will meet and make life
for anybody doing sequence analysis easier.