[Biopython-dev] New release?

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at burnham.org
Thu Feb 3 16:23:03 EST 2005

Sigh... I guess I'm in the hot seat.

Sorry folks, life has been happening to  me, but yes, we should get a
new release out. I can work on it earnestly after Feb 15. In the
meantime, can all developers please check open bugs, and whether your
tests are up-to-date with your code. For those of you who do not have
CVS access, please send me patches, or new module files.

Brad Chapman has been our traditional Windows version roller. Can anyone
take over? Likewise, anybody can do a Mac version?

On a final note, I've always wanted a Biopython RPM... If there is
anybody willing to undertake this exercise, that will be really cool.
But we can do that after the reease, of course.

Best,

Iddo

Jonathan Taylor wrote:

> My only concern is in a few weeks I am going to submit a CAPS module
> that looks for differential cutsites in alignments and it would be
> cool to get this new module in.  I'd survive though  :)
>
> Regards,
> Jon Taylor.
>
> Thomas Hamelryck wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> Shouldn't we have a new release of Biopython soon?
>> The last release dates from May 2004 (!).
>> In the case of Bio.PDB for example, the CVS version contains a whole
>> load of bugfixes and new features. I guess the same applies to other
>> modules.
>>
>> Cheers,

Iddo Friedberg, Ph.D.
The Burnham Institute