[Biopython-dev] Hmmer API

Glen van Ginkel gvg500 at york.ac.uk
Tue Apr 12 05:10:57 EDT 2005

This is a desperate-ish plea to any biopython developer.

Recently submitted an explanation of code that interacts with the Hmmer
(Eddy 2003) suite of programs to the list. I am required to write up a
project concerning this Hmmer API and would hugely appreciate it if ANY of
the developers could give me some feed-back. Bearing in mind that this is in
your spare time, I'm not asking for a major commentary. The focus of the
project was to produce something that might be accepted as part of the
BioPython project. What I'm looking for is just a sort of "yeah probably
will be accepted but.." or "No! you've got a long way to go before we accept
that gubbins, but.".

I would really appreciate ANY response

In anticipation

Glen van Ginkel