[Biopython-dev] Re: Work towards getting KDTree compiling

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue May 11 22:50:43 EDT 2004

Marc Colosimo wrote:
>>> Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
>>> 0x8fe0cc18 in __dyld_is_symbol_coalesced ()
>>> (gdb)
>>

>> Bleah. Some kind of memory leak when loading the libraries -- I have
>> zero idea what that means or how to fix it. If it compiles decently,
>> then I'll leave it right now, and just hope that some Mac OS people
>> can come up with a reason/solution for this. Anyone else with OS X
>> can confirm?
>>
>> Otherwise, well -- I have no idea what to do.
>>

> With both the Mac and  fink version of python, it works fine for me (two
> different systems, both 10.3.3). Did you install some  other odd python
> package or gcc?

I compiled Python from souce on Mac OS X, using gcc. Personally I don't need to
use the KDTree and Affy modules right now, so don't worry too much about it. But
other users may run into the same problem.

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon, Assistant Professor
University of Tokyo, Institute of Medical Science