[Biopython-dev] To the core developers...

James Casbon james.casbon at a4internet.com
Sat Dec 11 07:28:23 EST 2004

On Wednesday 08 December 2004 14:36, Jeffrey Chang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've switched the biopython-dev mailing list to subscriber only.
> Please let me know if something doesn't look right!

OK, well that's a a step in the right direction, but now comes the hard part:
getting more people involved in looking after parts of the project.

I suppose a good place to start is finding out how many of the original
authors of modules are still maintaining them.  A quick and dirty search
reveals the list below.  So my question is, from the list who is still out
there, and who is still interested in maintaining their code?  This way we
can find the orphaned modules.

James

Bio $ grep Copyright * */* */*/* | perl -e 'while(<>){/Copyright (.+)/; print
"$1\n"}'| sort| uniq
(C) 1992-2001 HHMI/Washington University School of Medicine
(C) 2002 Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon.
(C) 2002, Thomas Hamelryck (thamelry at vub.ac.be)
(C) 2004, Thomas Hamelryck (thamelry at binf.ku.dk)
(C) 2004. Frederic Sohm.
(C) 2004. Frederic Sohm.\n\
(c) 1998-2000 John Aycock
(c) 1999, 2000, 2001 Steve Purcell
(c) 1999-2000, The University of Chicago
1999 by Jeffrey Chang.  All rights reserved.
1999-2000 by Jeffrey Chang.  All rights reserved.
2000 by Andrew Dalke.  All rights reserved.
2000 by Jeffrey Chang, Brad Chapman.  All rights reserved.
2000 by Jeffrey Chang.  All rights reserved.
2000 by Katharine Lindner.  All rights reserved.
2001 Tarjei Mikkelsen. All rights reserved.
2001 by Gavin E. Crooks.  All rights reserved.
2001 by Jeffrey Chang.  All rights reserved.
2001 by Katharine Lindner.  All rights reserved.
2001 by Katharine Lindner.  All rights reserved.
2001 by Tarjei Mikkelsen.  All rights reserved.
2001 by Tarjei Mikkelsen.  All rights reserved.
2001 by Tarjei Mikkelsen. All rights reserved.
2001 by Tarjei Mikkelsen. All rights reserved.
2001 by Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten and Cecilia Alsmark.
2002 by Jeffrey Chang, Andrew Dalke.  All rights reserved.
2002 by Jeffrey Chang, Brad Chapman.  All rights reserved.
2002 by Jeffrey Chang.  All rights reserved.
2002 by Katharine Lindner.  All rights reserved.
2002 by Katharine Lindner.  All rights reserved.
2002 by Michael Hoffman.  All rights reserved.
2002 by Tarjei Mikkelsen.  All rights reserved.
2002-2003 by Michael Hoffman.  All rights reserved.
2003 Iddo Friedberg. All rights reserved.
2003 by Bartek Wilczynski.  All rights reserved.
2003 by Sebastian Bassi. sbassi at genesdigitales.com
2004 by Harry Zuzan.  All rights reserved.
2004 by James Casbon.  All rights reserved.
Iddo Friedberg idoerg at cc.huji.ac.il
Yair Benita Y.Benita at pharm.uu.nl
notice must be evident to users