[Biopython-dev] Oligopython page

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Apr 6 01:10:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

Thanks for writing oligopython! I had a look at your package to see if I could
write a setup.py for it, and I noticed that the file parser makes use of C++
rather than C. If I'm not mistaken, the only C++ code currently in Biopython is
Bio.KDTree, which is not installed by default because of problems building it on
some platforms. Is there some Biopython policy on C++ code? It may also be
possible to use Martel for the file parsing. I am not familiar with Martel
myself, so I cannot give much guidance there, but maybe somebody can.

--Michiel.