[Biopython-dev] maintenance release

Jeffrey Chang jchang at jeffchang.com
Mon Sep 15 23:26:42 EDT 2003

> I tried this on Windows. I don't get any error messages when compiling
> and building the installer.
>
> The *.dtd files get installed in C:\Python23\Bio\EUtils\DTDs, while
> C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\Bio\EUtils\DTDs contains the .py, .pyc,
> and .pyo files.

Hmm, I want the .dtd files to be in the same place as the .py files.
Can you try making a slight change to the setup.py file and see if it
does that?

Please replace the line:
     if sys.platform == 'win32':
with:
     if 0 and sys.platform == 'win32':

> However, on Cygwin the *.dtd and *.py, *.pyc files both get installed
> into /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Bio/EUtils/DTDs.

Yep, that's what I want.

> Are these the correct locations? Is there a way to check if EUtils is
> working correctly?

Not sure how to check, because I haven't used EUtils.  However, this is
how Brad (who has used EUtils) had set up the installer for Unix.
Andrew, can you confirm?

Jeff