[Biopython-dev] Missing files in Biopython 1.22

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Oct 14 10:45:15 EDT 2003

Dear Biopythoneers,

This evening I set out to create the Windows installers for Biopython
1.22. The good news is that there were no compilation errors. The bad
news is that the __init__.py and data.py files are missing from
Bio/Cluster in the Biopython 1.22 source distribution. I checked in CVS,
and found them there. Can these two files be added to the Biopython 1.22
package?

I then added the __init__.py and data.py files from CVS, and made the
Windows installers. You can find them at
http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/biopython-1.22.win32-py2.2.exe
http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/biopython-1.22.win32-py2.3.exe
(I will remove these once they are available from the Biopython site).
While I was at it, I also made a complete Biopython 1.22 distribution:
http://bonsai.ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~mdehoon/biopython-1.22.tar.gz

There was one more warning message that I got when compiling Biopython:

Bio/trie.c: In function `Trie_has_prefix':
Bio/trie.c:443: warning: return makes integer from pointer without a cast

As far I can tell from trie.c, this warning is not serious, it is due to
returning a NULL instead of a 0 where the return type is int. But we may
as well fix it.

--Michiel.