[Biopython-dev] Work on an updated biopython.org website

Jeffrey Chang jchang at jeffchang.com
Sat Mar 8 20:46:07 EST 2003

Hey Brad,

This looks great!  Nice and clean.

A few comments:

- A contact email address should be on the front page somewhere.
Something like, "To contact us, write biopython at biopython.org"

- Is there a way to put the current version of the software (e.g.
Current Release: Biopython 1.10) on the front page?  This way, people
will know at a glance if they're up to date.  It would be best if it
could be automatically sync'd with the Download page.  It's no use if
the version number displayed on the web page is out of date!  :)

- Can we simplify the links on the right side?  Probably all that's
necessary is:
Download
Documentation
Mailing Lists
Bugs
CVS  (contains ViewCVS, instructions to get read-only and read-write
CVS)
Participants (?)

License and sponsors are not required.

Is Participants useful?  What do people think?  I think it gives a more
personal feel to the project, but it's not kept up to date well.  Also,
in the participants section, we should like what general area each
participant works on, so that people will know who to ask questions to.

Is a FAQ link necessary?  Is it useful?  It's not up to date.  Maybe it
should be linked from the Documentation page, if at all.

- Is webteam and Chris OK with using Quixotic?

Jeff