[Biopython-dev] Something wrong with Martel?

Yair Benita Y.Benita at pharm.uu.nl
Thu Jul 24 10:23:19 EDT 2003

I am trying to use Martel to make a parser but something appears to be
wrong.
First, the test fails after building:
###### running tests in test_IterParser ###############
---> I skip all the line until the last:
  File "/Volumes/Applications/CVS/biopython/Martel/LAX.py", line 101, in
__getattr__
    raise AttributeError(name)
AttributeError: data

I think this is something in the test file and not in the Martel code
because all my other Martel scripts work.

Second, trying to run the same script as Andrew wrote in the Readme
(attached), I only get:

Basically nothing is executed after the command: parser.parse(open(File))

Is something wrong on my system or something wrong with the Martel code?
Could anyone try to run the above script?
Thanks,
Yair
--
Yair Benita