[Biopython-dev] biopython release redux

Jeffrey Chang jchang at smi.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 22 01:52:52 EDT 2003

Hello Everybody,

I'm back from my travels, so it's time to get back to building the
biopython release.  It sounds like we're almost there, so I'm going to
try to get it out by the end of the week.  Please let me know
immediately if you're working on something, and the CVS repository is
in an unreleasable state!

The regression tests seem to work for me (except for 1).  Please check
it on your system and report any problems.

test_BioSQL is failing for me.  It can import BioSQL, but has trouble
database running on this system.  Should the test be skipped if the
database or BioSQL schema can't be found?

[sophie:~/remotecvs/biopython/Tests] jchang% python run_tests.py
test_BioSQL.py
test_BioSQL ... FAIL

FAIL: test_BioSQL
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "run_tests.py", line 148, in runTest
     self.runSafeTest()
   File "run_tests.py", line 185, in runSafeTest
     expected_handle)
   File "run_tests.py", line 285, in compare_output
     assert expected_line == output_line, \
AssertionError:
Output  : 'Load SeqRecord objects into a BioSQL database. ... ERROR\n'
Expected: 'Load SeqRecord objects into a BioSQL database. ... ok\n'
Ran 1 tests in 0.157s

FAILED (failures=1)

Jeff