[Biopython-dev] Compiling for MacPython

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 17 02:44:03 EST 2003

Yair Benita:
> Hi All,
> I have been trying to compile version 1.10 for MacPython. While most
> extensions compiled with no problem, I still can't compile the trie
> extension. The output of codewarrior is below, any ideas?
>
> Error   : illegal string constant
> triemodule.c line 606   "
> Project: trie.mcp, Target: trie, Source File: triemodule.c

Starting with line 605 it looks like

static char trie__doc__[] =
"
This module implements a trie data structure.  This allows an O(M)\n\

Put a backslash character - \ - at the end of line 605, so it looks
like

static char trie__doc__[] =
"\
This module implements a trie data structure.  This allows an O(M)\n\

What's there now isn't valid C, I think.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com