[Biopython-dev] Preliminary release of PyMMLib

Jay Painter jpaint at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 25 16:56:41 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have just put together the first tarball of a project I've been working on
called PyMMLib.  It is a set of Python modules for manipulating and analyzing
biological macromolecules.  I'd like to eventually merge this package with
one of the other bio-python packages out there, so I'm hoping to get some
feedback on the work I've done so far.  Some of what is included is:

* mmCIF file parser (read/write)
* PDB v2.2 file parser (all records, read/write, some type checking)
* MTZ file parser (CCP4 HKL reflection files)
* object-oriented structural representation
* minimal element/amino acid/nucleic acid dictionary
* Gtk/OpenGL example molecular viewer, 100% Python

There are more docs on the web site:
http://pymmlib.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Jay Painter