[Biopython-dev] Implementation advice

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at cc.huji.ac.il
Thu Jun 20 17:35:54 EDT 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, Cayte wrote:

: I just finished NetCatch.Seems like it could blend in with NetCatch.py
: that I just uploaded. NetCatch takes a dictionary of links and reads in
: links selected by the user.Each value is a file or link but it could be a
: list.
: Let me know if I can make it more usable.

Seems like NetCatch is fine just the way it is. I'm not sure what added
functionality my little sceme can add...example?

Actually, in FSSP, no single PDB entry belongs to more than one file. So
the dictionary is actually simpler for the purpose i presented it... but I
still might want to keep lists or even instances in the values. I already
wrote the code, (needed it here fast) but I am not uploading it yet. Once
I figure out how to  use the indexing scheme a-la-Mindy, I'll upload
something more in the spirit of obf cooporativity.

:
: BTW your python is cute. But I'd like to  see helical "reticulations" for
: its pattern.After all, its a biopython, not any python.

:-) Just a sketch... but I _do_ need  some new T-shirts...

Iddo

--

Iddo Friedberg                                  | Tel: +972-2-6757374
Dept. of Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology   | Fax: +972-2-6757308