[Biopython-dev] Why don't we start the documentations as well?

Thomas Hamelryck thamelry at vub.ac.be
Mon Jul 1 15:29:28 EDT 2002

[Brad]

> Ugh, yeah, the HappyDoc documentation was badly out of date. I just
> updated everything so all the current classes should be included. If I
> missed something, please let me know!

Nice!

One question/remark though:

The structured text formatting rules at
http://www.python.org/sigs/doc-sig/stext.html say that:

<quote>
Special symbology is used to indicate special constructs:

* A paragraph that begins with a '-', '*', or 'o' is treated as an unordered
list (bullet) element. (Note: In list paragraphs it is not necessary to
separate each list item with a blank line.)
</quote>

This is supposed to apply to HappyDoc, but it doesn't happen, so you get
funny stuff like:

Arguments: o id - string, the id that will be used for the structure of o
filename - name of the PDB file

ie, there is no bulleted list.

Maybe there is some option missing when running HappyDoc so that the
docstrings are interpreted as plain text?

Cheers,

---
Thomas Hamelryck      Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
Intitute for Molecular Biology           ULTR Department
Paardenstraat 65   1640 Sint-Gensius-Rode    Belgium
              http://ultr.vub.ac.be/~thomas