ARGHHH [Biopython-dev] changes

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 16 11:29:53 EST 2002

>A CVS update breaks _all_ existing code which uses the Fasta reader !
>(because of the 2.2 specific things .. weakref, generators etc.)

weakref was added in 2.1
I got rid of the 'yield' statements in my code.
  .... but forgot to get rid of the __future__ statement

I've committed changes to make 'Bio.Fasta' importable under 2.0

[dalke at pw600a ~]$ date
Wed Jan 16 11:13:47 EST 2002
[dalke at pw600a ~]$ python2.0
Python 2.0 (#4, Dec  8 2000, 21:23:00)
[GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)] on linux2
>>> from Bio import Fasta
>>>

>_URGENT_:Does anybody know how to undo an CVS update ?

You can check out based on a date.  Or you update to the newest
code in CVS.

Sorry about the problems.  I tested a few things with 2.1 on my machine but
not all the modules, and I didn't try under 2.0 or older at all until
just now.

                    Andrew