[Biopython-dev] MacBiopython available soon

Brad Chapman chapmanb at arches.uga.edu
Tue Jan 8 12:30:57 EST 2002

Yair:
> > I have almost everything ready. Still some problems with the reportlab
> > module.
> > I don't have more time to spend before the weekend. If you want to post
> > MacBiopython already, everything else is ready. Let me know.

That would be great -- I think you should just go ahead and post what
you've got -- I can take a look at the reportlab/graphics problems and
see if I can figure them out.

Jeff:
> Does everything install, except for reportlab?  If so, that's probably
> ok.  Correct me if I'm wrong Brad, but I don't think very many people
> on the mac will be needing this functionality?

Yeah, I definately wouldn't consider non-working reportlab stuff a major
problem. I can see if I can figure anything out and iron out any
glitches before the next release so that we won't have problems with it.
No one will need reportlab unless they want graphics, which is a very
minor component.

pdf-generation-is-only-necessary-around-poster-making-time-ly yr's,
Brad