[Biopython-dev] biopython in ZOPE

Cayte katel at worldpath.net
Fri Apr 19 18:35:48 EDT 2002

>I think the easiest way to incorporate the bioperl functionality is
>first try to implement biopython modules in Zope classes.

Do you mean ZClasses?  I'm slogging through the Book of ZOPE.  ZOPE has a
lot of ways to do the same thing.  The online book has template object
language  but one of the examples doesn't work on my machine.  Its the
compoundingInterestRate problem in Chapter4 Using Basic Zope Objects.  The
parameter passing to python causes an error.  I've tried various changes and
experiments but can't get it to complete.

I like the ZClasses better and find them easier to understand

                                                Cayte