[Biopython-dev] SeqIO

Thomas Sicheritz-Ponten thomas at cbs.dtu.dk
Wed Sep 19 07:28:11 EDT 2001

Hej,

ok - I rewrote and _commited_ the lost code for sequence conversion :-)

Brad or/and Andrew: could you check how we can use the GenBank and the SWISS
parser in the SeqIO stuff ?
The current file for seqeunce format IO is SeqIO/generic.py ... (should
definitely change name, maybe to SeqIO.py ?)

We need to design a method for guessing sequence formats - which is quite
easy with filenames and file streams, but a litte trickier with sys.stdin
... (you can't tell and seek in a stdin - can you???)

cheers
-thomas

--
Sicheritz-Ponten Thomas, Ph.D  CBS, Department of Biotechnology
thomas at biopython.org           The Technical University of Denmark

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...