[Biopython-dev] Last chance to clam PIR parser

Andrew Dalke adalke at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 26 00:27:32 EDT 2001

Hey Cayte,

Oops!  I forgot to follow up when you mentioned this the first time.
There's a set of parsers in Martel (pre-CVS version, not yet
integrated into the current code base).  One of them is for PIR.

The last Martel release I see was version 0.5
  http://www.biopython.org/~dalke/Martel-0.5.tar.gz
and the PIR format definition for Martel is at
  http://www.biopython.org/~dalke/Martel-0.5/formats/PIR_3_0.py

I don't recall the status of the parser.  Searching through
the back emails I see a thread of mine titled "PIR parsing" so
you might want to start from
 http://biopython.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2000-December/000186.html

BTW, in other news I'm getting closer to signing a development
agreement to work more on Biopython, which means spending time
finishing up Martel, working on format definitions, etc.

                    Andrew