[Biopython-dev] Upcoming release

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Fri Mar 2 10:10:07 EST 2001

Hi Brad,

Thanks for doing this!  I've started running pyunit_testing, and it looks
really nice.  A few things to do before we incorporate it:

- it should respect command line arguments and run only the tests
specified.  For example, If I do "python pyunit_test.py test_translate,"
it should only run the test_translate test.

- in compare_output:
        # normalize the newlines in the two lines
        expected_line = string.strip(expected_line)
        output_line = string.strip(output_line)

It looks like this is stripping the whitespace from the lines before
they're being compared.  This may cause problems, because it won't catch
whitespace related errors, such as formatting.  Instead, it should convert
the ending newlines into some canonical form, e.g. '\n'.

Are you going to have a chance to fix these *real soon*?  If so, then
perhaps we can squeeze it into this release.

Jeff