[Biopython-dev] Bio.KEGG

Tarjei S Mikkelsen tarjei at genome.wi.mit.edu
Mon Jul 23 02:36:42 EDT 2001

 Hi,

 as I mentioned earlier this weekend I have begun writing a BioPython
compatible parser for the KEGG database that I would be happy to contribute
to the project. Currently only the Ligand/Enzyme section is supported,
but the Ligand/Compound and the Genes section should follow soon.

 Since I don't have CVS access I've attached the code here. It is organized
to plug directly into the current BioPython distribution. The source is
heavily inspired by the Bio.GenBank module (which makes sense since KEGG
has (unfortunately) modeled its flatfile format on the GenBank format).

 thanks,

 Tarjei Mikkelsen
 tarjei at genome.wi.mit.edu