[Biopython-dev] move Martel CVS to biopython

Jeffrey Chang jchang at SMI.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jan 22 14:12:48 EST 2001

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Andrew Dalke wrote:

> Upon further reflection, if there are people interested in
> Martel development by not Biopython development, then placing
> it under the biopython CVS tree is a bit a problem because
> authentication is on the tree level, and not the branch one.
> But I can't imagine anyone working on Martel who would need
> that sort of forced restraint to keep from working on other
> code.

I'm almost completely sure you're aware of this, but I should point out
that the reverse is true as well; everyone working on biopython code will
have access to Martel stuff as well.  Make sure you're comfortable with
this before checking stuff in.

> There doesn't seem to be any real objection to placing the
> Martel CVS development in $CVSROOT/biopython/Martel, right?

Fine with me.

Jeff